Book My Trip
You’re Joining a Network of Sophisticated Travelers
The Indagare community consists of our editors, who collectively have more than 35 years of journalistic experience covering high-end travel; our partners, from safari experts in Africa and family-friendly guides in Italy and China to the top villa sources in the Caribbean and adventure planners in New Zealand; and most importantly, our members, discerning, passionate travelers from around the world. We share our expertise and use our connections to create meaningful journeys. Above all, we’re matchmakers: we don’t believe there is one “best” hotel in a destination, but rather one that’s best for your tastes and purpose. Speak to us by phone, send an email or post questions and opinions on our Discussion Boards.
We’re One-Stop Shopping
At Indagare, you can research ideas for a trip on our site, consult with a specialist on the phone or by email to create, refine and/or expand your itinerary, solicit advice and opinions from other members and then have our bookings department take care of the reservations. We know that there are times you prefer the convenience and efficiency of the Internet, and other times you want to speak to a knowledgeable travel specialist—not someone at a call center! We provide up-to-date information and work around your preferences and your schedule. We have special rates and amenities at hundreds of properties worldwide.
We’ll Do the Legwork
Want to know which Caribbean resorts or family-friendly ski lodges still have availability for the upcoming holiday weekend? Want to add a philanthropic component to your trip to Southeast Asia? Hire a surfing instructor in Costa Rica? Or find a yoga program in Mallorca or cooking class in Mexico? No need for fifty phone calls or hours browsing unreliable sites—just ask our team. We’re in constant touch with our local contacts and the top properties around the world. Because we are among the first to hear when rooms or villas open up, when members make special discoveries and when experiences are NOT all that they purport to be, you will get word early too.
We’ll Be Your Advocate
Do you love late check out and loathe foam pillows? Request our Member Preferences form and we’ll make sure that every time you book with us, the hotels know your likes and dislikes so they can give you better, more personalized service. If something goes wrong during your stay, we’ll leverage the power of the Indagare network to intervene on your behalf and make sure your concerns are addressed. And we are always expanding our member benefits with preferential rates and perks from top properties around the world, including Relais & Châteaux and Orient Express.
We’re A Small Team You Can Trust
We don’t hide behind a corporate logo, rather we are frequent travelers who sign our names to our opinions. Our founder, Melissa Bradley, is a trusted source on travel trends for newspapers like the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and USA Today and has been an authority on the world’s best travel experiences for magazines like Town & Country, Worth and InStyle. You can read profiles of all of our correspondents and many of our members whenever a posting name is in blue. Vanity Fair UK named Indagare the best travel web site in 2008, saying, “…For savagely upscale service about what’s best, look no further than Indagare Travel (indagare.com). It was founded by a passionate traveller…for passionate travellers who want authenticity not homogeneity. She has personal contacts with the best in the business, constant updates from around the world, and the influence to deliver.”
We Support Responsible Travel That Gives Back
As a company we believe that travelers have a responsibility to preserve the places and cultures that they visit. One of our company’s core beliefs is that authentic experiences are endangered, but that we can preserve them by traveling intelligently and responsibly. A portion of our profits goes to conservation and community projects in tourist areas.
Hear from our members why they think we are the ultimate travel resource.
Search By Keyword
The only other city in Europe that comes close to...
Marrakech has it all: history, romance, atmosphere. It exudes a...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.