Paula de la Cruz
After twelve years of working as an art director in the “pixelated world of digital advertising,” Paula de la Cruz went on to study horticulture at The School of Professional Horticulture at The New York Botanical Garden. Argentinean by birth but New Yorker by choice, Paula started writing after penning her experiences as a horticultural intern at Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden in Cape Town, South Africa for Lexus Magazine. She now combines her passions for plants, travel, writing and design with her “nomadic instinct” at her design studio, Allscape Design. She has covered stories from caper cultivation in Pantelleria, Italy, to turtle conservation in Fernando de Noronha, Brazil. ￼
It is barely light out, but I can discern the silhouettes of palm groves against the bright sienna earth. My driver and I are traveling towards Estancia Rincón del Socorro...
From the East Coast, Emirates flies from New York to Malé International Airport through Dubai (from Dubai to Malé, it’s a four-hour flight). The charter airlines Eurofly and LTU International...
Naladhu means “pretty little island” in Dhivehi (the native language of the Maldives), but as soon as you arrive at this resort, which opened in March 2007, you realize that...
Of the five resorts I recently visited in the Maldives, including the sumptuous Naladhu, Dhoni Mighili was my favorite experience, as it best embodied the Maldivian spirit of spending your...
If you’ve ever read Rudyard Kipling, chances are you’ve dreamt of exploring the jungles of India, home of the world’s most elusive big cats: tigers. The greatest wild concentration of...
Mahua Kothi at Bandhavgarh National Park, the first lodge opened by Taj Hotels and CC Africa, was unveiled in the fall of 2006 (since then, a second lodge, Baghvan at...
Search By Keyword
Beautiful and not overrun with tourists, this island off the...
The private island off Antigua makes a wonderful getaway for...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.