Noelle A Salmi
As a young child, Noelle lived in Puerto Rico and Uruguay. From age six to eighteen, she divided her time between Los Angeles and Rio de Janeiro, with a stint as an exchange student in South Africa. At Stanford University, Noelle spent her third year in Berlin, returning after graduation to work there for the Associated Press. Fluent in English, Spanish, Portuguese, German and Catalan, Noelle has also lived in London, Seattle, San Francisco and New York, and currently resides in Barcelona with her Finnish husband and three children. She has authored travel guides for Frommer’s publications and her writing has appeared in USA Today, Jornal do Brasil, the San Francisco Chronicle and Parenthood.com, among others.
Where else can you find thirteen Michelin-starred restaurants, nine World Heritage sites and miles of beaches in one European city?
From Nob Hill decadence to SoMa innovation, San Francisco blends old and new unlike any other American city.
The Spanish capital is buzzing with revamped hotels, authentic restaurants and a vibrant art scene.
Cindy Pawlcyn’s latest venture, known as CP’s for short, is all about true American comfort food, but it’s cooked up with Pawlcyn’s expert touch. The crab Louie salad comes alive...
Indagare member Noelle Alejandra Salmi recently returned from trekking the Camino de Santiago, Spain’s famed pilgrimage. Here are her impressions from such an ambitious trip. I just returned from an...
Pauly Saal was clearly the place to be on a drizzly Friday night in July. From larger tables filled with cool young Berliners to parties of grey-haired diners wearing black...
No store on the island offers as much a window into the cool Ibiza mindset as Sluiz. It’s quirky, colorful, hippie and hip, like Ibiza locals themselves. You’ll know you’ve...
Wandering past the boutiques in Ibiza town, with store after store offering some version of the hippie, sexy Ibiza style, can be a bit overwhelming. Skip the deliberation and head...
Two neighborhoods in San Francisco are leading the way in regards to the cool-factor. HAYES VALLEY People have long been talking about the emergence of Hayes Valley as a neighborhood...
Search By Keyword
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.