Roslyn knows a thing or two about Cape Town. Born and raised there, she received her undergraduate and masters degrees in English from the University of Cape Town. She left for a two-year stint in the U.K. (where she studied for her doctorate at the University of York), before moving on to Paris, where she wrote mostly about dance. Seven years later, she relocated to New York, where she continued to cover the world of dance and also worked as a freelance editor at Saveur, House & Garden and Elle, among other publications. From 2004 through 2006, she was the features editor at House Beautiful. Currently, Roslyn is a dance reviewer for the New York Times and also writes about travel and food. She lives in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn, with her South African husband and two daughters, but she hasn’t forgotten her hometown and makes an effort to return to Cape Town as much as possible.
Search By Keyword
Bordering the Atlantic Ocean and South Africa, Namibia has expansive...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.