Though she grew up on the cold, windy streets of Chicago, Suzy has spent the last fourteen years basking in the glittering—literal and metaphorical—sunshine of Miami, Miami Beach and a few other Southern locales. “Living in Miami, I met Argentine friends who invited me to visit their homes in Buenos Aires and Punta del Este. I became hooked, and suddenly the eight-hour flight, overnight, became doable for three-day weekends” says Suzy, who is the Miami and Florida editor for Lucky and the lifestyle editor for Ocean Drive. She frequently contributes to New York, the New York Post, Departures, Town & Country Travel, Elite Traveler, Fodor’s and Daily Candy. Having earned her MA in Broadcast Journalism (at the University of Miami), Suzy is a frequent guest commentator on the Travel and Discovery channels, the Food Network, and VH-1. She’s also served as E! Entertainment’s on-air Miami correspondent for The Gossip Show; and has hosted a new travel/entertainment series called Living the Life. This fall Suzy appears on the Bravo network’s First Class All the Way.
Favorite Destination(s): After traveling from Bermuda and Puerto Rico to Jamaica and St. Lucia, I’d have to say my favorite Caribbean destination is the Bahamas. The waters of the Exumas—where I love traveling by boat—are the most incredibly blue I’ve ever seen. And since the major development has yet to hit the area (it’s in the works), the place is still an undiscovered paradise. There is nothing better than a hamburger (yes a hamburger) at MacDuff’s on Norman’s Cay! I also adore the Ocean Club, on Paradise Island. The food choices (Jean-George Vongeritchen and Nobu Matuhisa both have outposts there) are outstanding, the spa is relaxing. And if I feel like something more energetic, Atlantis is (literally) a few blocks away. But after four long, exciting visits I think Dubai has to be the most interesting luxury destination in the world. The newness, the mix of cultures, the conveniences and the city’s futuristic vision make for an astounding, eye-opening trip.
BA seems to be on everyone’s must-visit list these days—and for good reason. Argentina’s capital is experiencing an exceptionally buzzing, magnetic period.
The so-called "gateway of the Americas" is a vibrant, rapidly changing city that is fast becoming a chic cultural destination.
What was once a tiny fishing village has morphed into a tax-free bastion of mega-malls, five-star hotels and wildly elaborate real estate projects.
Search By Keyword
South Africa's many stunning private game reserves are successes of...
Sophisticated living combined with a refreshingly laid-back California attitude in...
An insider's guide to Connecticut's most scenic county.
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.