The itinerary included time in Amman, Petra, Jerash and at the Dead Sea, and combined the classic tourist sights along with privately-hosted dinner parties by chic locals and an evening in the desert at Wadi Rum.
“The mix of history, natural beauty and, yes, relevance to current world affairs make Jordan a country that must be visited,” wrote Indagare founder Melissa Biggs Bradley when she returned from hosting the first Insider Trip there in May 2011.
Currently, there are no Insider Trips to Jordan scheduled for 2013, however our Jordan itinerary can be adapted for groups of private travelers. Insider Trips are open to members-only. Alumni of previous trips are given priority access, followed by our Connoisseur-level members. For more information, contact our Bookings Team.
TESTIMONIALS FROM PAST JORDAN TRIPS:
“Our night in the Wadi Rum desert was like being an actress in a movie…watching the sunset behind the sandstone mountains and then arriving at our pristine “camp” was both humbling and exhilarating. The Indagare trip to Jordan afforded me the opportunity to gain even a tiny crumb of insight and understanding for the Middle East.” Indagare Member
“Jordan really was a life-changing experience. In turns educational, spiritual and above all, a lot of fun! The Insider Trips really are just that, in the course of one week you feel as though you have learned more about a country than you would if you lived there a year. The organization is flawless and the enthusiasm infectious! The Insider trips are beyond words – the orchestration of the unique destinations, people and activities makes it an experience of a lifetime. I am now officially an insider addict!” Melanie Vere-Nicol
- Read Melissa’s report on the Indagare Insider Trip to Jordan.
- Read our Jordan Cheat Sheet Top Ten.
- Read Just Back From Jordan.
Search By Keyword
The famous French ski resort, in the Haute-Savoie region, is...
Like the French Riviera, Turkey’s southwester coast was “discovered” by...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.