Destination: Germany: Berlin
Ask your concierge to make a reservation at the rooftop Käfer restaurant, at the foot of Sir Norman Foster’s Reichstag Cupola as this is a good way to speed up entry into the German parliament building. You arrive through a side entrance on Scheidemann Strasse. You don’t avoid waiting in line completely (groups have to gather before the staff leads you to an elevator that sweeps you to the top), but it helps to have a reservation and your name already in the system. It’s best for breakfast or brunch when the sunny views are most beautiful. Open daily.
Mandala Suites Lounge
Still something of a secret, the all-white lounge at the Mandala Suites (the sister hotel of the Mandala Hotel Potsdamer Platz) is the chicest way to start your day. Sip a cappuccino while nibbling on a croissant and enjoying the stunning views of Potsdamer Platz and beyond. You have to call ahead to book (if the hotel is full, they don’t allow outside guests). Once in the lobby, you’re escorted to the lounge. Breakfast only.
Search By Keyword
Insider picks from Athens and the best island, including Mykonos,...
Like the French Riviera, Turkey’s southwester coast was “discovered” by...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.