Destination: Austria: Vienna
The Austrian capital is buzzing with chic hotels, cutting-edge restaurants and a vibrant design and fashion scene.
Also in this report:
The city’s best hotels under Where to Stay, authentic restaurants under Where to Eat, sights not to miss under What to See & Do, a guide to the shopping scene under Where to Shop, great insider tips and guides in Indagare Intelligence, and reading and film list in Library.
INDAGARE TOP TEN
SLEEP…at the iconic Sacher hotel opposite the State Opera
EXPERIENCE…the glitz and glamour of the Hotel Imperial
SPLURGE…on an antique at the Dorotheum, the oldest auction house in Vienna
EAT…at the cool Österreicher, the restaurant adjacent to the Museum of Applied Art
DRINK…with a view at the Stefansdom at the Onyx Bar
SAVOR…a big night out at Steirereck
VISIT…the many museums of the cutting-edge MuseumsQuartier
SEE…how the Habsburg family lived at Schönbrunn
SHOP…for unique Viennese finds at Das Mobel
KNOW…the insider who can get your dance floor-side seats at the Opera Ball
Search By Keyword
Its own continent but most often reached from South America....
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.