Destination: Mexico: Costa Careyes
There are a total of forty-two private houses, many of which are available for rent when the owners or their friends are not in residence, as well as forty casitas (apartment-like suites up from the beach) and a hotel called El Careyes that in recent years has been managed by Starwood but is rumored to be for sale. If you rent a house or villa, it will come fully staffed with a cook, housekeeper, and in some cases butlers and house managers.
TIP: Many of the Cliffside houses have dramatic architecture with pools and verandahs. The effect is stunning but may take away the breath of mothers who arrive with young children and realize that child safety will be a constant concern. Families may be better off in the hotel, casitas or even waiting until toddlers can be trusted not to explore ledges.
Search By Keyword
From super-future cities to remote countryside, China offers an incredible...
An insider's guide to Connecticut's most scenic county.
Imagine a boater’s paradise of small islands with deserted beaches...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.