The Aquarium Restaurant
On Sunday afternoons, expats as well as locals, perhaps to balance out early-morning Mass, come to this beachside establishment to unwind, eat barbecued lobster and dance to live calypso music. Conceptual paintings by artist owner Rebecca Thompson, an English transplant who has lived on Grenada with her German husband Ulrich Kuhn (also an owner) for the past eighteen years, adorn the restaurant’s walls. Outside, some of the seating is literally right on the beach. Closed Monday.
What’s New: For the creatively inclined Earth lover, Kuhn and Thompson have recently built Maca Bana, a seven-villa boutique hotel near the Aquarium, where guests can take painting and sketching lessons with Thompson. The lessons are available for villa guests only. www.macabana.com.
Search By Keyword
By South American standards, Ecuador—which is about the size of...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.