Destination: Harbour Island
Coral Sands, a Harbour Island mainstay since 1968, has just undergone a renovation so major that it might as well be considered a brand-new hotel. The resort’s three main buildings—Lucaya, Arawak and Caribe—contain most of the thirty-six guest rooms, which have been redone in a breezy, British-colonial style (some with gardens and balconies). (There is also the two bedroom “Beach House,” right on the water and the three-bedroom Villa Carissa, with separate cottage, on it’s own acre of land adjacent to the Coral Sounds property.) A casual beachfront restaurant, pool, and Boogie Boards and kayaks make Coral Sands the most family-friendly resort on the island. Rooms from $315 during high season; a minimum three-night stay is required year-round.
Who it’s right for: Families who love the beach.
Who it’s wrong for: Couples who don’t want to see or hear children on their vacation.
Search By Keyword
Imagine a boater’s paradise of small islands with deserted beaches...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.