Sydney’s time is now—and the city knows it. As locals say, ‘Come in, the water’s great.’
Also in this report: The city’s best hotels under Where to Stay, authentic restaurants under Where to Eat, sights not to miss under What to See & Do, a guide to the shopping scene under Where to Shop, and great insider recommendations, travel specialists and boating companies in Indagare Intelligence.
INDAGARE TOP TEN
SLEEP…at the Park Hyatt Sydney with views of the Opera House and the harbor
EXPERIENCE…the chic-chill Sydney scene at Iceberg’s Dining Room & Bar
EAT…at crispy skin duck at Billy Kwong
SAVOR…a languorous lunch at Bather’s Pavilion
VISIT…the iconic Sydney Opera House for a tour or, better, a performance
SHOP…the creations of Aussie designers in Paddington
KNOW…the difference between a flat white and a latte and a long tall and an espresso and you will pass as an Aussie when ordering coffee
Search By Keyword
Bali is more enticing than ever, having undergone a frenzy...
Change comes slowly to this small Bahamian island, and that’s...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.