Eat Love Pizza
Darling Harbour has loads of restaurants between the IMAX theater and the aquarium but the most appealing spot is probably Eat Love Pizza, a casual Italian restaurant with excellent brick-oven pizzas with super-fresh ingredients. The main menu also features pastas, steaks, fish and veal. The children’s menu includes simple pizzas and pastas as well as calamari and chips. It is open for lunch and dinner but reservations are recommended.
Right on Manly Wharf where the ferries arrive from Sydney, Hugo’s is a fabulous waterside spot for a casual lunch or dinner. Its owners are a pair of Aussie celebrity chefs, Pete Evans and Massimo Mele, and their pizzas are considered among the best in town. Other popular items on the menu are seafood such as oysters served with sherry vinegar, fried calamari, seared scallops with tomato and basil and delicious pastas such as homemade gnocchi with roasted zucchini, garlic and basil pesto and spinach pappardelle with scampi, sea urchin, broccolini and garlic and lemon.
Tip: There are no reservations accepted for dinners on the weekends so if you want to be sure not to have to wait for a table, book for lunch Monday to Sunday or dinner Monday to Thursday.
The more casual little sister to Aqua Dining, Ripples at Milson Point sits just below the Olympic pool under the Harbour Bridge with great views of the harbor, its boats and the Opera House. Under a canvas awning, it serves such classic Sydney fare as oysters, fish and chips and pan-seared barramundi. It is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.
Note: There is a bring-your-own wine policy. Ripples also has outposts at Sydney Wharf, Whale Beach and Chowder Bay.
Search By Keyword
Less flashy and better preserved than Ho Chi Minh City,...
Verbier is for passionate advanced skiers, as well as for...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.