With top-of-the line hotels and shopping, gorgeous architecture and some of the most exciting restaurants in the country, the Windy City is thriving.
Also in this report: The city’s best hotels under Where to Stay, authentic restaurants under Where to Eat, sights not to miss under What to See & Do, a guide to the best shopping under Where to Shop and great guides and tours in Indagare Intelligence.
INDAGARE TOP TEN:
SLEEP…in the Peninsula, the most visually stunning hotel property in the city
SEE…the city’s world-famous skyline by taking an Architecture River Cruise.
SPLURGE…on a tasting menu at Alinea, one of the country’s top restaurants
EAT…at Paul Kahan’s Blackbird, housed in a loft-like space
DRINK…with a young, hip crowd at NoMi, in the Park Hyatt
SAVOR…the innovative desserts at Hot Chocolate
VISIT…the spectacular John G. Shedd Aquarium with the kids
KNOW…art historian and guide Rolf Achilles’s must sees in the Art Institute
EXPERIENCE…Robie House, an uncontested Frank Lloyd Wright masterpiece
Click here to read recommendations on where to stay and eat while visiting colleges in the area.
Search By Keyword
With lunar-like landscapes, deep glacial lakes and spectacular glaciers, Patagonia...
South Africa's many stunning private game reserves are successes of...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.