Laurent Tourondel (of BLT fame) has outdone himself at LT Burger with burgers of a wide and gourmet variety, including a spiced tuna burger. Consider lunch instead of dinner.
An East Hampton institution since 1947, Sam’s serves excellent thin-crust pizzas, pasta dishes and salads. The place has so much history that locals don’t care that it’s looming front-sign is neon (one of only a handful permitted in the Hamptons).
Sip n’ Soda
This old-fashioned diner just celebrated its 50th anniversary by turning back the dial on the prices on the menu for a day and charging the 1958 menu prices. There are wooden booths and a counter with spinning stools and ice cream floats and hamburgers—all of which are a hit with families.
The Candy Kitchen
A Hamptons icon, the Candy Kitchen is not a sweets shop but a retro luncheonette and soda fountain, where you can get pancakes and an omelet at any time of day. It’s a popular hangout spot for locals, celebrities (particularly those with young children) and moguls, who hold breakfast meetings in the kitschy blue vinyl booths. Bestsellers include the black-and-white milkshake and the homemade peach ice-cream.
The vibe is casual at this Bridgehampton trattoria, which specializes in thin-crust pizza and creative, more worldly toppings (Tandoori chicken and Asian duck are some of the many offerings). Menu categories include “Kick Ass Wines” and “Hot Stuff” and the outdoor bocci court (“Enjoy Life, Eat Out, and Play Bocce” is World Pie’s motto) tends to draw a fun-loving crowd on weekends. You may also spot Bridgehampton moms like Christie Brinkley or Kelly Ripa dining with their kids.
Search By Keyword
Known as an eco and adventure destination, this Central American...
Bordered by Germany, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Italy, Slovakia, Slovenia...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.