Estia’s Little Kitchen
Everything is super fresh at the “Little Kitchen” as much of the produce is grown right outside in the on-site garden. There’s only eight table (and a counter) though fans don’t mind in waiting in line for the apple pancakes, fresh-squeezed juices and huevos rancheros, which you can order every day until 2:30 pm. At dinnertime, the lights go down and the tablecloths come up creating a more intimate and (slightly) less casual atmosphere.
Frequently tagged as the Hamptons best sushi spot, Watermill’s Suki Zuki has three chefs working behind the tiny restaurant’s long wooden counter: two handle sushi and sashimi orders while the other works the robata (a Japanese open-fire grill). The décor and setting is pretty non-descript—it’s the fresh local fish and imaginative rolls that consistently draws a crowd.
A Japanese place for health nuts, Yama Q serves sushi, sashimi and yakitori as well as Asian-inspired vegetarian dishes. Examples of the latter include shitake-crusted tofu (served in a spinach puree sauce) and wakame (seaweed) salad with burdock—an English plant that supposedly doubles as a blood purifier. There are only eight tables, and lunchtime is just as crowded as dinner. Thus, you can expect a full house and a lot of elbow rubbing whenever you go.
Search By Keyword
Change comes slowly to this small Bahamian island, and that’s...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.