Destination: Italy: Amalfi Coast
The Amalfi Coast is a place where land, sea and sky strike a note of such otherworldly perfection that the region is best approached by boat in order to take in the panorama.
Read our Overview and Why Go Now. Also in this report: The region’s best hotels under Where to Stay, authentic restaurants under Where to Eat, sights not to miss, including the best churches and museums, under What to See & Do, a guide to the shopping scene under Where to Shop, and great guides, insider recommendations and private home rentals in Indagare Intelligence.
INDAGARE TOP TEN
SLEEP…in one of the world’s most iconic hotels: Le Sirenuse
EXPERIENCE…Ravello’s glamorous palazzo at the Hotel Caruso
SPLURGE…on a Michelin-starred meal at the romantic Il San Pietro
EAT…the fruits of your labor at the half-day Mamma Agatha cooking school
DRINK…with a view at these lofty hotel bars
SAVOR… the best seafood at Lo Scoglio
VISIT…the Villa Cimbrone, surrounded by Italy’s most spectacular gardens
SEE… classical music performed al fresco in Ravello
SHOP…for handmade paper at Eva Caruso
KNOW…our preferred villa specialist who has the area’s best rentals
Search By Keyword
Known as the Blue City for its cobalt-painted facades, Jodhpur...
Berlin is one of Europe's most fascinating, stimulating and underrated...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.