Destination: England: London
California-born, London-based contributor Elena Bowes has lived in the British capital for decades but she can still get excited about the city’s vivacity. “I sometimes feel like I’ve barely scraped the surface of this place, which is why I love it,” she writes.
Families planning a trip should consider ordering Indagare Mapped Out: London an essential three-day itinerary that highlights what to do and see in the British capital with kids in easy-to-follow guides that include hotel, restaurant and shopping suggestions.
London Update: Spring 2013
Spring is a season of renewal in London, when days start getting longer and buds begin to brighten the city’s squares and gardens. New hotels, restaurants and cafés come online and some of the year’s most exciting theatrical and artistic shows debut. Our London-based contributor, Elena Bowes rounds up what not to miss during this spring in London, from Roy Lichtenstein at the Tate Modern to Dame Helen Mirren reprising her role as Queen Elizabeth II.
Search By Keyword
Long a bastion of understated cool, the Danish capital is...
With miles of biking, walking and riding trails, scores of...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.