Destination: England: London
The Modern Pantry
Tucked away in a quiet square midway between King’s Cross and Liverpool Street, this first venture from chef Anna Hansen inevitably attracts the business diners, but has rightfully become a favorite among East end locals. A ‘snacks and small plates’ menu features fusion dishes like beer-battered okra with tamarind yoghurt and asparagus in pomegranate molasses (highly recommended), while the serious mains include crispy pork belly with black bean and cocoa puree and grilled miso onglet steak. Save room for dessert- roast peanut pannacotta with wasabi jelly and chocolate brownie with tamarind caramel should never be missed. Request a table upstairs for a more intimate meal, or dine alone at the central communal table on the ground floor.
Search By Keyword
An insider's guide to Connecticut's most scenic county.
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.