Destination: England: London
London for Families
London is one of our favorite cities for family travel. Historic landmarks like the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace and Big Ben and newer sites like the London Eye and the Tate Modern make it a city that reveals its history and its energy in a wonderfully accessible and entertaining way to all ages.
We have designed itineraries for so many families (and benefited from their feedback) that we have created a Mapped Out: London Essential Three-Day Itinerary for Families. In it, we highlight what to do and see in the British capital with kids in easy-to-follow itineraries that include hotel, restaurant and shopping suggestions.
For those who want a custom itinerary planned, which will include our favorite guides as well as special family activities such as the Harry Potter tour, a private boat on the Thames, back-stage theater visits or private palace visits, contact our bookings team.
Read more about our Mapped Out Series
Melissa's London Picks for Families
Read Melissa’s Just back from…Spring Break for some family-friendly highlights in London
Tips from Locals and Experts
Be sure to see Indagare Intelligence for a Cambridge-educated guide who leads wonderful art tours of the city’s museums and galleries.
For London-related movies and books, including children’s titles, browse the Library.
Search By Keyword
Beautiful and not overrun with tourists, this island off the...
Sophisticated living combined with a refreshingly laid-back California attitude in...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.