Destination: England: London
Andrew Edmunds is a long way from the sleek and style conscious restaurants that populate central London but perfect if you want to side step the beaten path for a cozy evening of honest, good food. Beloved by couples and theater darlings, the menus are hand written, there are sweet williams in wine bottles on the table and a polite note to turn off cell phones. The menu, with an Irish and Mediterranean influence, is good for fish lovers and the desserts are traditionally British with sticky toffee pudding a particular favorite. The downstairs is on the cramped side so for a leisurely meal, request a table upstairs. Open Thurs – Sun, closes between 3pm – 6pm.
Given how expensive London is these days, even for Londoners, this new restaurant in Mayfair has gotten lots of buzz for its delicious food—and for its reasonable prices. Opened by the restaurateur behind Soho’s Michelin-starred Arbutus, Wild Honey occupies the space where Marco Pierre White had his much-hyped Drones Club. The main dining room is a bit narrow but it’s been lightened up with an elegant, tailored look to play up to the oak-paneling. There’s a French slant to the menu with dishes like Mediterranean pistou soup and roasted veal chop, all of which have earned raves from the food critics. Don’t skip dessert: the wild honey ice cream is the hands-down favorite.
Search By Keyword
The 4,000-acre resort on Mexico’s Pacific Coast is not a...
The Thai island’s more glamorous, more grown-up side is quickly...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.