Destination: England: Cotswolds
There are few more beautiful places in Britain than the Cotswolds. Laurie Lee’s description of the quintessentially English area in Cider with Rosie is as true today as when he wrote it, in 1959: “gentle rolling hills, hidden valleys with clear running streams, mellow honey-colored dry stone walls and lush green tranquil woodlands.” It is an area of outstanding natural beauty, dotted with sleepy villages and bustling market towns. You’ll find wonderful antiques shops, old-fashioned pubs, stone cottages smothered in roses, 13th-century churches and pretty tea shops filled with old ladies eating homemade scones and drinking Earl Grey tea. If any place sums up the ravishing beauty of the English countryside, it’s the Cotswolds.
Search By Keyword
London is nudging past New York as the world’s financial...
Amazing wildlife and sensational safari camps are keys to why...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.