Destination: Washington, D.C.
The country’s first regional theater to win a Tony, the Arena Stage is a wonderful repertory theater with a round stage. It’s known for its fabulous sets and special effects.
The Arena Stage is currently closed for renovations and plans to reopen in 2010.
John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
The so-called Kennedy Center, which opened on the Potomac River in 1971, houses three main theaters: the Opera House, Concert Hall and the Eisenhower Theater. Besides the National Symphony Orchestra, the Washington Opera and the Washington Ballet, the Kennedy Center also hosts numerous concerts, both jazz and classical, as well as musicals. Ballet lovers in particular have a lot to explore at the Kennedy Center, which is home to the Suzanne Farrell Ballet, the wonderful small company run by the former Balanchine muse and has drawn such renowned companies as London’s Royal Ballet and Moscow’s Bolshoi.
Search By Keyword
The summer enclave of choice for the Spanish royal family...
Encompassing the Adriatic and Ionian coasts, in the heel of...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.