Destination: France: Courchevel
La Sivolière is a charming renovated hotel on the quiet side of town, where lots of people have chalets. Some rooms have open fireplaces, and unlike the vast majority of Courchevel hotels, which require guests to sign up for half board, La Sivolière also offers just bed and breakfast, so you can lunch on the slopes and dine in town every night if you prefer.
Le Saint Joseph
Though it doesn’t have a spa or pool, this four-star, with ten rooms, four suites and two apartments, is located in town and has two good restaurants: the Grand Café, which serves excellent Thai cuisine, and Italian at Le Hussard. The property feels like a collection of extravagant apartments with a popular restaurant and bar on the first floor. It has two duplex apartments, each with three or four bedrooms. The style here is not Alpine but haute bourgeoisie. Envision intricate parquet floors, 19th-century antiques, oil paintings, refined toiles, leather-bound books and cut-crystal carafes. The apartments have large gourmet kitchens and dining areas. The owners, whose restaurant, Le Cap Horn, is not to be missed, designed everything from the faience tiles in all the bathrooms to the hall carpets.
Search By Keyword
Preserved by ancient fortifications and years of neglect, Cartagena is...
Bangkok is one of Asia's most complex capitals, with incredible...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.