Destination: France: Courchevel
Le Chabichou, like Le Bateau Ivre, is run by a two-Michelin-starred chef, in this case Michel Rochedy. Located in the hotel of the same name, it serves serious gourmet food.
Le Bateau Ivre
Located atop a three-star hotel in town, Le Bateau Ivre has two Michelin stars and lovely views of the village. There’s nothing trendy or hip about it, but for serious foodies, the old-fashioned decor does not diminish the quality of the haute gourmet fare.
Le Cap Horn
Le Cap Horn, up on the mountain, is popular at lunch but magical at dinner: you arrive by snowcat and moonlight, for one thing. It consists of many small rooms on several levels and feels like a giant pirate ship with lots of narrow stairways. There are five fireplaces and an amazing collection of antique model ships. The wine list is legendary, and so are the prices.
Search By Keyword
Its own continent but most often reached from South America....
Amazing wildlife and sensational safari camps are keys to why...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.