Talisman Hotel de Charme
A plugged-in friend who visits the Middle East often and has loads of friends in Cairo loves this new boutique property in the city center. Only a ten-minute walk from the Egyptian Museum, the twenty-four-room hotel occupies an Art Nouveau building that has been restored with Oriental decorative details. Corridors and public rooms are filled with elaborately carved wooden antiques, Persian carpets, Turkish ottomans and objects from around the region. Guest rooms are simple (not luxurious), but they do have double-paned windows to keep out the noise of the busy neighborhood, together with such necessary amenities as TV and 24-hour internet. Traditional Egyptian bedspreads and bedside lanterns, instead of lamps, mixed with bright color palettes and lots of bold stripes create a homey atmosphere (imagine an amateur’s attempt at Marrakech modern), and the price cannot be beat. Rooms from $100.
Search By Keyword
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.