Destination: Brazil: Buzios
Insólito Boutique Hotel
Buzios is a Brazilian fishing village-turned hip beach resort (à la St. Tropez), which is overrun by cariocas (Rio locals) each summer. A fabulously situated private villa has been transformed by its worldly owners into a special boutique hotel. Surrounded by lush gardens and with drop-dead sea views, the intimate Insólitos property has just twelve uniquely appointed rooms, all of which exude a quintessential Brazilian beach-chic vibe. The top three suites feature a large living room and Jacuzzi on the balcony that has sweeping bay views; the deluxe rooms, meanwhile, come with a small garden. Buzios claims twenty-six beaches, including calm Ferradura (perfect for canoeing) and Manguinhos (where you can watch kite surfers), so there’s no shortage of scenic places to lounge; plus café-lined shopping street Rua das Pedras is nearby. But guests may well opt to while away the days at serene Insolito, where private yoga lessons and spa treatments can be arranged. Rooms from $455.
New in 2009: Insólito has opened a brand-new beach club—the first of its kind in Buzios. Insólito’s French owner said that she was inspired by the fabled clubs of the South of France, the kind where you while the day away on your private chaise, have lunch and mingle with friends. Of course, this one is totally Brazilian at heart.
Search By Keyword
The Cape Winelands have always had remarkable wines; now the...
Cacophonous and colorful, Delhi is rich with tradition and culture.
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.