Destination: Jackson Hole
Owned and run since 2001 by the people behind Hotel Terra’s Osteria, Rendezvous was the first Jackson restaurant to champion a breezier, new-American-bistro cuisine. The menu emphasizes well-executed classics, like roast chicken, slow-roasted pork and grilled fish. There’s a raw bar, daily specials and many selections that will keep the kids happy.
This buzzing Jackson bistro, one of the most popular eateries in town, was launched in 2005 by a trio (thence the name) of foodies, two of which were former chefs of acclaimed Snake River Grill. The innovative menu, featuring American classics playfully reconceived, certainly attests to a high level of culinary skill, and it sociable ambiance is winning. Diners sit at simple wooden tables or at a small bar that faces into the open kitchen. It’s the kind of place where everyone knows everyone and visitors are invited to joint the revelry. Families with children will appreciate the excellent pizzas, pastas and burgers. During the high seasons, reservations are a must. Dinner only.
The Westbank Grill, in the Four Seasons Jackson Hole, has gorgeous views of the Grand Tetons and a massive stone-lined fireplace in the center of the dining room. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the restaurant specializes in modern American cuisine, including lots of well-prepared meat dishes in the evening. It’s one of the few spots where you can reserve for lunch where a sumptuous midday buffet is served during the winter season (it’s a great deal for hungry skiers who want something a bit more refined than the on-mountain cafeteria cuisine). Open daily.
Search By Keyword
Discover the best beach hideaways in the area that Brazilians...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.