Destination: Jackson Hole
The 17,000-square-foot multilevel spa at the Snake River Lodge is one of the most acclaimed wellness oases in the state, with a large indoor-outdoor pool area featuring steaming hot tubs and a waterfall that cascades over a boulder. There’s a large state-of-the-art fitness facility, but most visitors come for the excellent treatments, ranging from hot-stone and deep-tissue ski massages to microdermabrasion facials and exfoliating scrubs. The facilities are spacious, and you can easily while away an afternoon here, especially in the women’s relaxation lounge, which offers mountain views and a stone-lined fireplace.
The appropriately named Chill Spa has just six treatment rooms and a hot tub with a view on the rooftop of the LEED-certified Hotel Terra eco-hotel. Treatments employ all-organic products, of course. Interiors are in fresh, vibrant colors, and the staff is young and friendly. It’s a great spot for a relaxing afternoon and popular with groups of friends who take over the whole facility.
Four Seasons Spa
Sleek, spacious and with typically gracious Four Seasons service, this large spa has 16 treatment rooms, including two private spa suites; a long list of pampering treatments; and men’s and women’s “tranquility” lounges, both with fireplaces but sans mountain views. Lovely details include homemade energy bars and tea.
Search By Keyword
As a winter destination, comparisons to other North American ski...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.