Destination: U.S. Virgin Islands
Maybe it’s the inaccessibility (it can only be reached by boat) or maybe it’s the unspoiled natural beauty (more than half of the island is protected National Park), but St. John has a barefoot chic that’s all its own. The smallest of the U.S. Virgin Islands, it is ringed by exquisite white sand beaches and coral reefs. But for those who like the good life, there are also great restaurants and a world-class resort. Read about where to shop and what to do on St. John.
Reports on St. Croix and St. Thomas will be posted soon.
Indagare Top Ten
SLEEP… to the sound of the waves in an oceanfront room at Caneel Bay
EXPERIENCE…the world-class snorkeling at Buck Island, off of St. Croix
SPLURGE…on a Luxury Beachside Doubloon at the Buccaneer
EAT….creative dishes at the romantic Asolare while the harbor lights twinkle below you
DRINK….mojitos at the sexy, knockout Havana Blue, on St. Thomas
SAVOR….a full-moon cruise on the Ritz St. Thomas’s 53-foot catamaran, Lady Lynsey
VISIT…. Coral World, on St. Thomas, for a swim with the sea lions
SEE….the evocative stone ruins of a 16th-century sugar plantation
SHOP…for locally made treasures at Mongoose Junction in St. John
KNOW….the best drivers to navigate those tricky roads
Search By Keyword
This island nation makes a perfect, beachy conclusion to a...
Home to dozens of unsolved mysteries, the island known as...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.