Destination: Denmark: Copenhagen
COS (Collection of Style)
Leave it to the H&M brand to create a well-curated, high-quality line that exudes chic and is affordable to boot. The collections for men and women are full of the kinds of mix-and-match pieces you’ll wear time and again.
Crème de la Crème à la Edgar
Entering this adorable corner shop feels like stepping into the quirky country home of an eccentric Danish cousin. (Fans of the Disney classic Aristocats will recognize where the name comes from.) The owner sells women’s and children’s clothes with a workroom in the back where you can see the sewing machine and piles of fabrics where some of the wares are prepared. You’ll see women riding bikes around Copenhagen in just this style of funky farmhouse fashion. Think liberty print skirts worn with Wellies and the kind of knits that can be described as rural bohemian.
Just above street level in a cozy space with exposed beams and wooden floors, this five-year-old boutique resembles an old-fashioned atelier. In addition to the company’s own line, which is sold under the label Simple Knitwear, you can find clothes by Stella McCartney, Irish designer John Rocha, Berube from Paris. They also carry bags from Botkier and a selection of jewelry from Paris and New York.
This sexy, avant-garde corner boutique off the main Stroget strip is a must for the elite fashion-obsessed. Treasures may include Alexander Wang booties, sky-high Chrissie Morris pumps and the Dior Homme/Helmut Lang-inspired line for men called Kris Van Assche. The well-edited collection is classic yet edgy and mixes in local designers with powerhouse brands.
If your gift list is long and you only have time for one stop, head to this trove for fashion, accessories and tableware. The space is separated by a large staircase and divided into many small rooms, each one with its own style and product. From designer clothing and accessories (Givenchy, Stella McCartney) to an ornate silver tea set and a luscious leather attaché, every corner of this shop holds a treasure. Conclude your shopping spree with a well-deserved smoothie from the in-house juice bar.
The place where Danish leading ladies shop for show-stopping gowns, suits, evening wear and wedding dresses. The colors tend to be quite classic–lots of black, white, gray and red—but it is the tailor that reveals the artistry. Many women order couture pieces and everything can be altered to fit like a glove. Discover investment pieces that will turn heads.
This quirky shop has a beautiful selection of lingerie. The pastel-colored underpinnings with 1950s inspired details are the stars here, but the vintage costume jewelry and soft cardigans are also lovely.
Search By Keyword
With views of the Swiss Alps and Lake Geneva, Lausanne...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.