Destination: Denmark: Copenhagen
Goldsmith Michael Stroem sells his handmade jewelry out of the front of his workshop. He has a number of collections, including one inspired by nature and another by Renaissance designs. The Kuglen line is more modern with rings that look strings of gold beads.
Pieces The Gallerie
This gallery is really an artists’ cooperative which showcases the designs of local goldsmiths who create distinctive modern designs. Among those whose work is exhibited here are Marlene Juhl-Jorgensen, who creates ultra modern and feminine pieces, Josephine Bergsoe, who mixes pearls and semi-precious stone into her designs, and Jane Konig, whose gold smiley face badges make wonderful gifts.
On a pretty square off the main pedestrian shopping drag is a lovely jewelry studio where Lene Dalhgren fashions one-of-a-kind fine jewelry. The designs of Lene Vibe Dahlgren have a fairytale whimsy to them. The 38-year-old Dane draws her inspiration from the natural world, but as seen through a magical haze. Imagine the whimsical rings and necklaces that a Danish wood fairy might fashion like little gold seahorses or rings studded with tiny wildflower blossoms and diamonds and South Sea Pearls wrapped with golden slugs. Rings look like golden vines where butterflies and diamonds perch. When you visit her charming shop, you will likely find the George Jensen trained goldsmith on hand to tell the story behind each creation. Closed Sundays and Mondays.
Search By Keyword
A first-hand account of a philanthropic “reality" trip to Zambia...
Eco safari camps, recommended outfitters, plus an amazing house rental...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.