Destination: Italy: Dolomites
Rosa Alpina Hotel & Spa
Owned and run for three generations by the Pizzinini family, the Rosa Alpina is one of those wonderful European hideaways where tasteful design, fantastic cuisine and heartfelt hospitality come together to create an extraordinary place. Located in San Cassiano—the stunning Italian Dolomites form the backdrop—the hotel is both a destination-specific hideaway and a worldly, designer enclave. The wood-panel common areas exude cozy charm, with lots of fireplaces, stuffed sofas and armchairs and nooks for reading and reflecting. No two of the fifty-one rooms are alike, but frequent updates have assured that the decor remains warm and stylish, with rich fabrics, light-wood furnishings and Tyrolean-style antiques. The best ones come with terraces and fireplaces.
There’s a wonderful Daniela Steiner spa with eleven treatment rooms (Steiner is married to Pizzinini patriarch, Paolo), where après-ski indulgences include sport and fitness massages, rejuvenating facials or the relaxing Cleopatra Bath, an enriching milk bath with honey and rosemary. Foodies, meanwhile, will delight in the fact that the Alto Adige region has the highest concentration of Michelin-starred restaurants anywhere in the Alps, and that Rosa Alpina’s...
Search By Keyword
An outrageous shape-shifter, Myanmar is finally emerging from its troubled...
A first-hand account of a philanthropic “reality" trip to Zambia...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.