Best Places for Drinks in Marrakech
The following restaurants have nice areas for cocktails either before or after dinner:
Le Comptoir (After dinner is the time to come.)
Grand Café de la Poste (Its upstairs lounge and outdoor terrace are great spots for cocktails before or after dinner. Good jazz in evenings.)
La Mamounia (The central bar has already become a see-and-be-seen spot for drinks.)
Terrasse des Epices (Particularly pretty at sunset.)
Even if you are not staying at the most expensive hotel in Marrakech, it is worth coming by for a drink (yes the price will be high) to ogle the incredible craftsmanship on display. The King of Morocco spent a fortune and artists spent years toiling to create an extravagant testament to handmade beauty. The retractable ceiling that reveals the stars at night; the etched silverwork; the hand-tooled leather with silver embroidery will dazzle you.
Search By Keyword
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.