Another reliable spot for lunch or a casual dinner, this bistro in the Marshall House hotel serves appetizers like jumbo lump local blue-crab cake with whole-grain mustard aioli and citrus-scented frisée, a bento box of sushi, dumplings and tempura vegetables, and tuna carpaccio with onion relish. There are also wood-fired pizzas and salads and such entrées as lobster omelets and pan-roasted black grouper with crispy prosciutto, grapefruit and spinach. Best dessert: fig bread pudding with coconut ice cream and Marsala caramel. Open seven days.
Soho South Café
A former garage just off Bull Street has been transformed into a lively café so popular you will likely wait for a table for lunch unless you show up before noon. Lunch features soups, salads and such sandwiches as the portabella burger, the Waldorf tuna pita, the ham, brie and apple, and Mom’s meatloaf. There is a kids’ menu as well. Sunday brunch draws long lines for favorites like pecan waffles and shrimp ’n’ grits.
Search By Keyword
Known as the Blue City for its cobalt-painted facades, Jodhpur...
Marrakech has it all: history, romance, atmosphere. It exudes a...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.