Daufuskie Island has three 18-hole great golf courses: a newly renovated Rees Jones one, Jack Nicklaus’ Melrose on the Atlantic Ocean and Tom Weiskopf’s Bloody Point with views of Tybee Island and Savannah.
Savannah Canoe & Kayak
A great way to get a sense of the water life of the Low Country is to take a canoe or kayak around one of the area’s barrier islands. This company is owned by a water-loving couple who offer guided tours and instruction for kids and adults. One of their guides will meet you at the beach with kayaks, guide you to empty beaches and point out wildlife. Whether you would like to spot dolphins, osprey or Civil War sites, they can craft a few hours of adventure and activity. They offer group and private tours, even overnight camping trips. Tours begin at $50 for two hours.
Underground Board Works
The best place in the area to learn to surf is out on Tybee Island. Jim Stephens and his fellow surfers will teach all ages.
Search By Keyword
St Moritz has come roaring back. For an update on...
Like the French Riviera, Turkey’s southwester coast was “discovered” by...
Sophisticated living combined with a refreshingly laid-back California attitude in...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.