Destination: Peru: Cusco
There are lots of tourist shops in Cusco, and poking around in the small stores, galleries and street stalls in San Blas and surrounding the various squares, such as the Plaza de Armas and the Plaza Regocijo, is fun for browsers. If you want good products, however, stick to the established boutiques, many of which also have outlets in Lima. For jewelry, visit Ilaria and Claudia Lira. For housewares, don’t miss Indigo, in the Casa Andina Private Collection. For alpaca fashion, Giuliana Testino, Kuna and La Casa de la Llama offer the most stylish choices. For art and textiles, prowl around the San Blas galleries and the Center for Traditional Textiles. When buying in markets, it is expected that you will negotiate on price. Some shops will also give you a better deal than the marked price if you pay cash or buy several things.
Search By Keyword
This island has unspoiled coral reefs and protected lagoons so...
Travelers seek out the privately owned Lanai, nine miles west...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.