Destination: Mexico: Punta Mita
Punta Mita boasts two Jack Nicklaus–designed courses. The 7,104-yard, par-72 Pacifico opened in 1999 and is known for its extra challenging Tail of the Whale hole, located on an island just offshore. The 7,035-yard par-72 Bahía welcomed its first players in late 2008. Be sure to book tee times early during high season, since both courses are extremely popular with guests in the area.
One of Punta Mita’s main draws is its great surfing. Beginner lessons are available at both the Four Seasons and the St. Regis; for less expensive options see the operations in the town of Punta de Mita. Mictlan Surf School (www.mictlansurf.com), owned by up-and-coming surf star Tzahui Poo, is one that locals recommend.
Search By Keyword
For hopeless romantics, the island of Santorini offers black-sand beaches...
As a winter destination, comparisons to other North American ski...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.