Destination: France: Cannes
Sun-soaked Cannes, the original playground for the Hollywood jet-set, has begun to foster a new modernity. Savvy travelers can now find a more eclectic array of temptations. From authentic foodie spots and ultra-contemporary accommodations to sleek holistic spas, Cannes has new gems to discover.
INDAGARE TOP TEN:
SLEEP…in the recently renovated quarters at über-luxe Majestic Barrière
EXPERIENCE…the glass-encased saltwater pool and a caviar bento box lunch at Cannes’ progressive spa, H02 Thermes Marins de Cannes
SPLURGE…on a meal at the double-Michelin-starred La Palme d’Or
EAT…at L’Affable which epitomizes the new Cannes with sophisticated updates on traditional dishes like escargots are served out of their shells in a creamy soup of garlic, olive oil and herbs
DRINK…une coupette of rosé during lunch at the locals’ favorite wine bar, La Cave du Marché
SAVOR…the sunset over the Mediterranean from a bench along the Croisette and remember, the sunlight in the South of France was enough to draw F. Scott Fitzgerald and Picasso years before the fancy boutiques and the red carpet—and it’s still the best part of a visit.
VISIT…bibliophile Louis-Daniel at Librairie Rossignol, purveyor of rare and exquisite books
SEE… an extraordinary collection of vintage perfume bottles in the charming town of Grasse at Le Musée International de la Parfumerie
SHOP…in the stylish boutiques on bustling Rue d’Antibes, hitting Mercedeh for sexy shoes, Ahimsa for blousons, chemises and country linens, and Manoush for funky finds
KNOW… where the ultra-hip are gathering: The 1835 White Palm Hotel
Search By Keyword
Insider picks from Athens and the best island, including Mykonos,...
Eco safari camps, recommended outfitters, plus an amazing house rental...
Imagine a boater’s paradise of small islands with deserted beaches...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.