Destination: France: Cannes
La Palme d’Or
Walk past the large and echo-filled lobby of Le Martinez, try not to feel too much like you are standing in a Vegas shopping center, and ascend the carpeted steps to a quiet gastronome’s sanctuary. This second-story restaurant has a more casual bar at the foot of its steps (like the Carlton’s lobby bar restaurant and Le Fouquet’s outdoor patio); but the experience that’s long been calling international jetsetters to the table is still one to be had. Behind the inconspicuous doors at the top of the stairs, there are adequately modern interiors, which have held up decently well but in no way break cutting-edge stylized ground. The cuisine—the main attraction, of course—has earned two Michelin stars. Outside, a small hanging terrace holds four tables. With large parties, the outdoor tables with views over la Croisette and the Baie de Cannes can seat up to 25 people and offer views of swimmers at Le Martinez’s palm-fringed pool below.
Search By Keyword
Chiang Mai means “a million rice field kingdom,” and those...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.