One of the newest boutique hotels in town is Hotel LM. The main floor features a private dining room hung with flashy pseudo-Lichtenstein contemporary art that serves as the hotel restaurant when it isn’t rented and an ornate salon and open courtyard area where guests can sit at a counter that faces the kitchen. The hotel chef invites guests to request their favorite meals and to participate in cooking classes so the rather baroque aesthetic of the public rooms is off set by the casual bonhomie of the staff. The seven guest rooms, which have a slightly out-of-the-box décor, are spread between three floors, with only one one on the second floor appropriate for families. On the top floor is a lovely rooftop pool with a cabana set up for massages. Rates from $395, depending on the size and season.
Search By Keyword
As a winter destination, comparisons to other North American ski...
Savannah is a magical otherworld where the pace is slow,...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.