On a small street that runs between the Santo Domingo Plaza and the city walls, Amitabha sells ethnic jewelry, peasant blouses, beach cover ups and hippy chic accessories.
One of Colombia’s best known fashion designers, Beatriz Camacho has a small boutique near Santo Domingo and it is the place to go for super sexy (Latin American worthy) evening dresses.
Bettina Spritz carries bright beach wear from bikinis and beach bags to wraps and linen shirts for men.
Onda de Mar
This sexy Colombian bathing suit brand makes such appealing bikinis, one-pieces and cover-ups that the company’s success has spawned outposts in resort areas in Mexico, Costa Rica, Peru as well as Miami. Each season many styles are offered in a few colorful patterns so you can mix and match coordinating tops, bottoms and skirts and pants. The brand emphasizes Latin flair, i.e. sexy.
If you want to know where all of the well-dressed men who stream into La Vitrola each night get there linen shirts and pants, Ricardo Pava is the name to know. His shop just across from the Hotel Santa Teresa and around the corner from Silvia Tcherassi has everything for a dandy in the tropics from pale colored linen shirts and Panama hats to suede loafers and woven leather belts.
Silvia Tcherassi, one of Colombia’s top fashion designers, sells the most attractive women’s clothing in Cartagena in a sleek boutique across from the Hotel Santa Theresa. You’ll find glamorous silk tops in colorful prints, sexy cocktail dresses and flowing gowns that can be dressed up with Tcherassi’s acrylic jewelry.
Search By Keyword
Thailand’s third-largest island (roughly the size of Martha’s Vineyard) has...
The country's most stunning landscapes and exhilarating outdoor activities center...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.