Destination: Vietnam: Ho Chi Minh City
Catherine Denoual Maison
Similar to another famous Catherine (Paris’ Catherine Memmi), Denoual specializes in exquisite linens for the home. Denoual worked in Paris as a fashion editor before relocating with her family to Vietnam in 1995. Her gorgeous creations are not inexpensive but quality-wise there’s nothing that rivals the wares, including some lovely baby clothes, of this boutique. It’s in walking distance of the Park Hyatt Saigon.
Huong Nga Fine Arts
The shimmering lacquerware sold at this boutique comes in many colors and swirling shapes. The designs include everything from small bowls to large trunks, and the beautiful patterns run the gamut from traditional (red-black) to edgy (modern monochromatic). The gallery works with twenty-two artists and three designers, and the range of lacquer is striking and better than you will find anywhere else. If you fall in love with a larger piece, the gallery is happy to arrange for shipping.
Like its sister boutique in Hanoi, this cavernous boutique carries everything from antiques to handmade accessories. It’s set up like a market, with lots of tables, racks and bowls overflowing with the goods. Says Indagare Insider Gayle Warwick: “It’s a great shop for a variety of crafts and antiques. I love to buy rolls of the hand-printed wrapping paper to bring home.”
Search By Keyword
While it may lack some of the charm of jetset...
One of the oldest cities in the Netherlands, Maastricht has...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.