Destination: Greece: Santorini
For hopeless romantics, the island of Santorini offers dramatic black-sand beaches and a seven-mile crater that transforms sunsets into wild-hued spectacles.
INDAGARE TOP TEN
SLEEP…overlooking the caldera and with extensive views at Perviolas
EXPERIENCE…the enclave that resembles an idyllic village at Vedema
SPLURGE…on a romantic getaway at Mystique
EAT…at the cliff-top Charisma restaurant, located in the Mystique hotel
DRINK…stunning Santorini and Greek vintages at acclaimed 1800 restaurant
SAVOR…traditional Greek cuisine at Vinsanto, in the Vedema Resort
VISIT…Akritiri, one of the Cyclade’s most famous archeological sites
SEE…the caldera while eating the exquisite cuisine at Koukoumavlos
SHOP…for Santorini-produced Greek wines, including Assyrtiko, Athiri and Debina
KNOW…where to get the best seafood at local favorite Katina’s
Search By Keyword
Its own continent but most often reached from South America....
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.