Destination: Greece: Corfu
This Ionian island has been famous since the days of Homer. It was Odysseus’ last stop before returning home, and one of the first Greek islands to be developed heavily for tourism.
INDAGARE TOP TEN
SLEEP…in the a private villa along the coast
EXPERIENCE…the island’s inland beauty on a four-wheel drive through forests and olive groves
EAT… at Spyros & Vasilis for a memorable meal in a garden setting
SPLURGE…on a boat charter so you can explore the more secluded beaches and coves
DRINK…some of the local aperitif made from native kumquats
SAVOR…a swim in one of the turquoise bays at Paleokastritsa on the east side of the island (known as Greece’s Capri) and don’t miss a visit to the Byzantine monastery on its high cliffs
VISIT…the Museum of Asian Art, which is housed in a former palace by the sea
SEE…the Achilleion at Gastouri and decide whether Empress Elizabeth of Austria built a gaudy or glorious palace
SHOP…in the narrow streets of Corfu town, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site
KNOW…that kids who are tired of sight-seeing will thank you for a few hours spent at Corfu’s Aqua Land, Europe’s largest water park
Search By Keyword
Cacophonous and colorful, Delhi is rich with tradition and culture.
The Dutch capital is the kind of city where you'll...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.