Destination: Spain: Basque Country
The Basque Country is synonymous with good eating, and San Sebastian now boasts a higher density of Michelin stars than Paris.
SLEEP…at the Maria Cristina, a Belle Epoque property in the heart of San Sebastian
EXPERIENCE…a sunset stroll along La Concha’s promenade
SPLURGE…on a meal at Arzak, the most famous of San Sebastian’s Michelin-starred restaurants
EAT…at the pintxos bars that line the narrow streets of the parte vieja, San Sebastian’s old town
DRINK… txakoli, the traditional Basque white wine poured from large barrels in the local bars
SAVOR…the view from Monte Urgull
VISIT…the Guggenheim, Frank Gehry’s showstopping museum in Bilbao
KNOW…that Bar Nestor’s famed tortillas are served only twice a day
Search By Keyword
From super-future cities to remote countryside, China offers an incredible...
Bordering the Atlantic Ocean and South Africa, Namibia has expansive...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.