Destination: Turkey: Cappadocia
Imagine a Grand Canyonesque landscape with clusters of wild, wind-sculpted rock spires and networks of mountain caves that have been converted into churches, homes and hotels, and you begin to get a sense of the otherworldly beauty of Cappadocia.
Indagare Top Ten
SLEEP…in a cave guest room at the new Argos Hotel
EXPERIENCE…a hot-air balloon ride at sunset in one of the top places in the world for ballooning
SPLURGE…on hand-painted Iznik plates made by a family cooperative
EAT…roasted pumpkin seeds that you will find in the markets
DRINK…Turkish wine on the terrace of Tiraz Café
SAVOR…the views at Zelve where you can follow a canyon trail to a hidden church carved in the caves
VISIT…The Open-Air Museum at Goreme
SEE…the underground city of Kaymakli, where up to 20,000 people could hide from invaders
SHOP…for special charms and necklaces at Goreme Jewelers
KNOW…the best hot-air balloon pilot in the valley
SKIP…the hammam experience at Leea and wait to visit better spas in Istanbul
Search By Keyword
Intimate, hip beach hotels line the shore of this former...
Berlin is one of Europe's most fascinating, stimulating and underrated...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.