Destination: China: Hangzhou
Those interested in the Chinese temples should consider staying at the gorgeous Amanfayun, which is literally surrounded by a circuit of seven Buddhist and Taoist temples. The most famous is Lingyin Temple, the Temple of the Soul’s Retreat and one of China’s largest and wealthiest Buddhist temples. Its stunning pagodas and Buddhist grottoes draw a massive crowd of tourists, so another advantage to staying at Amanfayun is that you can beat the crowds and walk there right when it opens. Another one not to miss is the smaller, but equally beautifully and perhaps more serene Yongfu Temple, whose monks have a special relationship with Amanfayun and invite guests to join in their morning and evening prayers.
Search By Keyword
Savannah is a magical otherworld where the pace is slow,...
Intimate, hip beach hotels line the shore of this former...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.