Destination: California: Los Angeles
Four Seasons Beverly Wilshire
This landmark property emerged from a $35 million extreme makeover in the fall of 2006 not only looking younger and refreshed but with real style. That’s only fitting, since it’s situated at the intersection of Rodeo Drive and Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills’ shopping headquarters. Though the original Italian Renaissance–style lobby is, thankfully, intact, just about everything else was changed. The most obvious change was the arrival of Cut, Wolfgang Puck’s steakhouse, open for dinner only. On nights when he’s not at another of his far-flung restaurants, the famous chef can be spotted walking the block and a half between this place and his flagship, Spago. Envisioned in a minimal style by Richard Meier (of Getty Center fame), Cut boasts Eames swivel chairs, an open kitchen and sky-high prices, including $160 for eight ounces of Wagyu beef from Kagoshima Prefecture, Kyushu, Japan. It’s also one of the toughest reservations around unless your name is Eddie Murphy or Jennifer Aniston. Sidebar, the more accessible lounge, serves Puck appetizers, including three mini Kobe sliders on brioche buns ($20). Also new is a...
Search By Keyword
The largest city in Switzerland has been ranked as having...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.