Destination: California Wine Country: Sonoma
Housed in a converted red barn that feels more like an art gallery or Dia-like museum with a garden dining area, this quirky three-year-old restaurant highlights modern country food, tapas-style.
Fig Café & Winebar
The little sister restaurant of Sonoma’s acclaimed The Girl and the Fig occupies a small dining room in Glen Ellen, and there’s almost always a wait. The often-changing menu focuses on what’s fresh and seasonal, and devotees are divided on what’s better: the scrumptious thin-crust pizzas or fresh and simply prepared seafood. There’s no corkage fee, so most everyone brings their own bottles, though the wine list here is also interesting and well-curated.
Search By Keyword
The group of islands has gorgeous beaches, perfect weather, fabulous...
The Dutch capital is the kind of city where you'll...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.